Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The importance of down time

Luba and I haven't ridden since the weekend. The weather has turned gray, cold and wet :(

My friend, Chrystal, has suggested that I try some Masterson massage techniques on her help resolve  the reluctant left lead.  I bought the DVD last year (before the new DVD came out).  I had big plans of massaging and releasing her sacrum and hind end tonight. Ended up discussing modifications to my truck and trailer with the welder instead. The old red truck sold over the weekend, so I need to make the new truck ready to attach the camper. Also looking forward to more hooks and a saddle rack in the trailer!

It's all good. Luba enjoyed a good currying, a sloppy supper and tea tree oil pedicure treatment. She is freshly trimmed by Mike's Performance Hooves and her feet look great. Did I mention it was gray, cold and wet outside?

Charlotte thinks this bucket is for splashing water on the horse to cool it down while you feed it hay.


I ordered some Vettec Soleguard from MarĂ©chalerie Bromont today. Hoping it arrives tomorrow so I can experiment with it over the long Easter weekend. Luba travels close behind and she interferes when she wears boots. It looks easy enough to apply Soleguard on the unshod hoof.


The bottom line is that I am enjoying the down time. Did I mention it was gray, cold and wet outside?

Supposed to be warm and sunny on the weekend :)



No comments:

Post a Comment