Monday, April 16, 2012

Mimosa Monday

Today I headed out early to ride Luba with Sonja, Uwe and Sheila. As we were tacking up, Uwe came out with a tray of orange juice, sparkling wine and four glasses. "Mimosas before riding or after riding?" he asks. "Both!" I say.  Can't think of a better way to start the week.

The trails at Horses of the Sun are remarkably dry for this time of year. There is one long stretch along the back of the paddocks that is great for cantering. Still no spontaneous left lead from Luba, but she and Sonja are working hard on left canter enjoyment. Luba cantered over trot poles and in and out of pylons over the weekend.

This was my first time in the saddle in a week. Felt good.

I am going to keep up the running with Luba this week, since she gets a good daily workout with Sonja.  Rationally, I know all the work on her hind end will pay off in spades on the hills later this season. Irrationally, I feel like I should be riding far and fast.

Patience, Little Grasshopper. Wax on, wax off.


No comments:

Post a Comment