Friday, April 20, 2012

Na mnohi lita, Lubo!

Today is Luba's 9th birthday. I baked a chocolate cake in a horse shaped pan from Ikea, whipped up some very buttery icing and headed to HOTS at 6am with fixings for mimosas. I could get used to this way of starting the day.

Luba is in flaming heat. Even the cool, gray, drizzly weather couldn't cool her off. We nonetheless managed to have another good lunge line lesson along with Sheila/Bill. We had to get a smaller belly band for the voltige girth, so Luba got some lunging without me.


Apparently, yesterday I had a death grip on the voltige handles, because my biceps and forearms were screaming this morning. The good news is that I had no strength to hold so tight today. In any case, I felt way more comfortable and stable in my seat, despite the slippery purple rain pants. We had our best left canter enjoyment moments when I relaxed enough to close my eyes.

moving so fast you can't see her legs ;)
smooth trotting
calm walking
Majestic Bill and I think that is Mimosa, Luba's half sister, in the background.

We shared cake and mimosas before I headed back to the city.  Luba and Bill had apples and carrots added to their feed. May you live many seasons, my dear Luba.





No comments:

Post a Comment