Saturday, March 31, 2012

Adjustments


This was a week of adjusting. 

Dr. Kim Adie, DC was filling in for our regular chiro, Dr. Seely. 

Luba and I both had chiropractic adjustments and we were both out in the sacroiliac to the left (LP1). She was doing lovely flying lead changes at liberty in the grass ring after the adjustment. Me too :)

Met up this morning with Lee/Parker and Colette/Phantom for a fast 9 miles (8mph average). Then said good bye to my riding companions and carried on for a slower 3 miles back to Roadapple Ranch.


Probably could have done a slower warm up, but Luba seemed to handle the increased speed okay. She definitely worked at higher heart rates, pushing her anaerobic threshold, but recovered well. Luba sometimes drops a beat, so the heart rate monitors are not always accurate for her. I have ridden with one for a long time, so I have developed a "feel' for her and review the heart rate data afterwards to see if it tells me anything I did not "feel" on the trail. I have my Garmin 305 set to display average speed, actual speed and distance. I have a watch for the time of day. And real time slows to a snails pace when we are flying down the trail. Magical. 

In the afternoon, Denise helped me check the saddle fit of my Reactor Panel saddle. I like to check fit in the spring before we start doing really long rides. After three rounds of adjustments and 15 minute test rides in the ring with the Port Lewis Impression Pad, Denise pronounced my saddle "acceptable" to her. Which basically means that it is perfect. She is really good at adjusting RP saddles and has very high standards for good fit. I am grateful for her friendship and her many talents!

Luba gave me nice left lead canters on the 20 m circle in the first test ride, but then started pinning her ears and giving a little buck again by the second one. So something still seems to be going on. She was also tighter on the left when we did our post-ride stretching. Hmmmmm. More adjusting needed somewhere - me, her, saddle??

I love the mystery of it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment