Saturday, March 24, 2012

Riding the fields

Snuck a little ride in yesterday after work. It was sunny and warm - maybe 15 C or so. Temps are now slowly getting back to normal.

Luba wouldn't pick up her left canter lead. I also noticed that she was counter cantering at first in the little video I posted from Wednesday evening as well. Good thing the horse chiropractor is coming next week and I am also getting adjusted. Hopefully we will both be balanced by Thursday!

Rode 4.69 miles at 5.6 mph.
the fields are almost dry! by nancyzed at Garmin Connect - Details

Hooked up with Laurie/Gucci for a ride today. It was overcast, only about 9 C and threatening to rain. Warmed up in Teddy's arena and then rode the fields. They are amazingly dry! Long slow distance with some hills for a total of  8.24 miles at 4.1 mph. Also ran into Juanita/Malone.
Riding the fields by nancyzed at Garmin Connect - Details


The fields on March 24, 2012

Laurie noticed that I have been riding with my left heel lifted. My massage therapist also recently noticed that my left leg seems more muscled than the right. Need to stretch and relax it? Tried to be mindful of a long left leg while riding today.  

Luba's heart rate was 54 when she was back in the stall eating her post-workout slurry of beet pulp, salt and Shur-Gain Xplosion.

No comments:

Post a Comment