Thursday, March 22, 2012

Life moves pretty fast...

It hit 29 C with the humidex yesterday (humidex in March??). My office has a lovely south facing window, but I closed the blinds. It was a sauna in there. The unseasonal weather is starting to creep me out.

Opted not to ride today, with the heat and the fact that my back is just starting to feel good again. The grass ring is almost dry, so I lunged Luba for about 25 minutes. I didn't tape her today, but she does look like she is starting to put on a bit more weight.

Luba on March 21, 2012


Here is a little video. We also lunged a bit over caveletti and we walked up and down the little hill on the driveway and practised backing up the hill as well. I have also gotten into the habit of backing her into her stall when she comes inside. Every little bit will help to build up her hindquarters for the hills we plan to tackle later this spring!



Intention matters. Nothing is insignificant. Take the time to do it. The lovely ladies who came to the inaugural class of the Spring Hatha Yoga at Motions Fitness Studio were amazed that they only spent 5 minutes in savasana at the end of the class. They said it felt longer and they wondered if I had left and forgotten to tell them the class was over!

savasana


Leaving you with this thought:

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again...life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might just miss it." 
---Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller's Day Off 

No comments:

Post a Comment