Monday, May 14, 2012

next gig: Cavalia

One last morning lesson with my teacher, Sonja before taking Luba home. I requested a lunge lesson in voltige gear. Finish the way we started.

Sonja asks me to recap what I have learned while we are warming up at the walk and trot. She knows that talking distracts my busy mind from what I am doing, allowing my body to be a feeling rider. Soon Luba and I are both ready and we canter. Let go of the voltige gear with one hand, both hands, then arms out to the side, like my favourite scene from the Black Stallion (about minute 5 of this video).





Then Sonja asks me to put my hands up above my head. And I do. I put my hands in anjulai mudra - prayer position above my head - crown chakra.

We practise walk/trot/canter with me asking for transitions using the solar plexus -  manipura chakra. Sonja is just holding the lunge line to keep Luba on a circle. Ride the good stuff and release the rest. Find the internal balance and the rest aligns itself. Like yoga. I close my eyes to see clearly.

Finally, Sonja removes the lunge line. And no, I am not allowed to pick up the reins. Walk, trot, canter, arms up. Me and Luba. Luba and Me. MeAndLubaAndMeAndLubaAndMe.




Luba stands quietly at the barn as I get the trailer hooked up and ready to go. 

We walk over to the trailer and I lead her right on. Sonja puts up the bar and closes the door. 


Angus, Sonja and Luba at Horses of the Sun

Spring training at Horses of the Sun comes to a glorious end. Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.

Never mind the Musical Ride. Cavalia, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment