Thursday, May 1, 2014

If a tree falls in the forest....

...does anybody hear?  Luba does :)

The rain finally stopped so I headed out to do some canter intervals this evening. Luba stood stock still while I strapped on her Renegades and tacked up. She is happy to be back in work.

Sera wanted to come along. She called out and cantered and trotted up and down the length of the paddock until Luba and I turned the corner to go down the rest of the lane way to Forced Road. After a brutal winter, the old lady is starting to put on some weight again with the green grass and warmer weather.

All is going well, until on our way back on the 3rd interval, when I hear a strange cracking sound from the bush. Suddenly out of the corner of my eye, I see a big tree starting to fall towards us!

We were already cantering and Luba did a righteous bolt into the 4th Gear!  According to my GPS, we hit 18.2 mph.

Giddy up!


The Tree



No comments:

Post a Comment