Sunday, December 1, 2013

Frozen sand

We got our first real dump of snow last week. That plus some cold weather and me running away from a cold started to get me worried about a classic recipe for tie-up.

Sonja and Horses of the Sun save the day again! I get a text that says "Will aim to work Luba each day for the next week. Pronoia! xo". Don't let old man winter kick you in the butt!

I got out to ride yesterday and today.  Today maybe for the last time before we leave for Florida.  The footing is great - powdery snow - just like frozen sand. It was too cold for the flash to work on my phone's camera, so everything looks pretty blue.



Now that we have the hay loaded in the trailer, most of the big jobs to get ready to go are done. Just washing horse gear, polishing up my saddle and installing the back up camera in the trailer, so we can watch the Luba Show en route.

This time next week, we should be arriving at our destination in Florida, the  Sunshine State. Here comes the sun!










No comments:

Post a Comment