Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Unicorn Poop Cookies

Last week on Monday, after riding 25 miles at Sharbot Lake the day before, Luba's blood chemistry was completely normal! Her CK was only slightly elevated at 364. Nothing out of the ordinary considering the exercise and trailering of the weekend. Whoo hoo!!

I was so excited, I immediately updated my FB status with this news. My friend, Deb, commented, "Congrats! She looked great at the ride. Try to enjoy and relax".

This really resonated with me. Try to enjoy and relax.

I have been suffering from post-tie up eggshell syndrome all summer.  Before the ride, I admitted to some friends that I really had no idea how Luba was going to fare on the 25 mile hilly and technical course. Chrystal said to me, "Embrace your worry and stress for Luba. It is good and it will help keep Luba healthy!"

So I embraced my worry all the way through the Sharbot Lake ride. I embraced my worry as I waited to find out if the blood test would indicate that she felt as good on the inside as she felt on the outside.

Now it is time to enjoy and relax!

I sent in my entry for the 75 mile ride at Stormont on September 2.  My plan is to have fun!  I know those trails well and it is only a 45 minute drive from Luba's barn. I even have crew x 2! Yes, two enthusiastic people to crew for me!

Rob Brezny's horoscope for this week says I need more magic in my life. But not fluff. Gritty magic. Sounds like an endurance ride to me!


PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20):

You need more magic in your life, Pisces. You're suffering from a lack of sublimely irrational adventures and eccentrically miraculous epiphanies and inexplicably delightful interventions. At the same time, I think it's important that the magic you attract into your life is not pure fluff. It needs some grit. It's got to have a kick that keeps you honest. That's why I suggest that you consider getting the process started by baking some unicorn poop cookies. They're sparkly, enchanting, rainbow-colored sweets, but with an edge. Ingredients include sparkle gel, disco dust, star sprinkles -- and a distinctly roguish attitude. Recipe is here: tinyurl.com/UnicornPoopCookies.


I plan to make Unicorn Poop Cookies for the impending Excellent Irrational Adventures of Team Luba!




No comments:

Post a Comment